Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
I was finishing my freshman year in high school – I had just moved to Kansas and was having a hard time adjusting to life in a very small town after coming from Houston, TX. I had just met my husband but I didn’t know it then! We started dating that August.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Garden Salsa Sun Chips
2. Peanut Butter and Snickers Ice Cream
3. Cheese and Crackers
4. Grilled Peanut Butter with Chocolate Chips
5. Sweet Potato Rolls
In the real world:
1. I love to read, but refuse to read in airports (or any public places) because I zone out so much I am afraid I’ll lose my daughter.
2. I love school! No really, I love school… I long to go back and get my PhD, but probably won’t be able to do that until my husband is out of the military because we move so much… sigh…
3. I love being a mom, but sometimes I miss having a job.
4. I am extremely shy. You know the quote “It’s better to keep quiet and appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?” That’s me. Afraid to speak. It is something I am still trying to change, and it’s one reason I like the blogging world. I have time to think about what I am going to say, and to edit it 🙂 That’s a luxury you don’t get when you speak.
5. I’m getting ready to move to Japan – and I am super excited about the traveling we hope to do while we are over there!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Be debt free – a goal I am already working toward and have almost accomplished 🙂
2. Travel, Travel, and Travel some more!
3. Set aside money for Madison and any of our future children
4. Donate to the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
5. Set up a scholarship fund at my alma mater
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Reference Librarian
2. Elementary School Teacher
3. Curriculum Development Intern for PBS
4. Graduate Assistant / Lab Supervisor
5. Bank Teller
Three of my habits:
1. Checking my email as soon as I roll out of bed
2. Grey’s Anatomy (please don’t judge me!)
3. Starbucks Vanilla Frappachino (and can I just say one more time how glad I am that there are Starbucks in Japan!!)
Five places I have lived:
1. Panama City, Florida
2. Knob Noster, Missouri
3. Houston, Texas
4. Kent, Washington
5. Lancaster, California… and many more…
What do you want others to get from your blog:
My main goal was to keep in touch with my family and friends after we go to Japan. I have started several other blogs before for that same purpose (keeping in touch) and I have never followed through with it, so this time, I started the blog and didn’t tell anyone about it. In fact, I still haven’t told some people because I wanted to make sure I would update. I guess I can probably tell people now.
After I started blogging and discovered the community of homeschool bloggers, I hope that some of the homeschool moms who read my blog find some useful information here, as I have with so many others.
And I am going to tag…